Five Tips When Starting a Video Game Store || Sci Fi Junkies
Many gamers dream of opening Reviews their own video game big someday. What would be better than working around video games and always having a huge selection of games you can play? If you are looking to open your own video game big here are five tips two keep in mind.
1. Location – The location for your video game major is a very important person. A space in a new strip mall in a nice neighborhood will be very expensive and might be hard to afford When you are first starting out. But opening in a bad section of town with low interest rate will limit the number of people Who will come to your store. Choose a location on a busy road and near some other stores. Many of your customers will ask parents Who will buy from you When they see you driving by.
2. Online Sales – Even though you have an physical big does not mean you can not sell online too. There are many sites like Amazon and Half.com That allow you to list your inventory for free and only pay a fee When it actually sells. Plus you can start your own online store overusing pre-built packages for a very reasonable price. Your online store can be up and running in a number of days.
3. Used Games – The glamorous part of operating your own gaming big is the new games, the rooms are not going to pay the bills. The money is in the exceptionally games. Be sure to buy and sell used games at your store. They have a larger markup than the new games and customers will buy more from you if They can trade in Reviews their unwanted games for something else.
4. Pricing for Games – If you are going to sell used games you need to know how much to charge for them. The prices for the games vary Widely based upon how old They are, how weird They are, and the conditioning. Is the game rare and sells for $ 50 or does it sell for $ 2? You should subscribe to a video game pricing service to help you determining the value of each game. There are several sites thatoffer monthly subscriptions two Reviews their price guide wooden save you valuable time and help you price the games correctly.
5. Service and Selection – You probably will not be comfortable two compete on price against the GameStop’s and Best Buy’s of the world. Instead focus on a wide selection and knowledgeable staff. Do not be afraid two carry a few copies of some niche titles so the hardcore games can always find what They are looking for. Used games are a great, low cost way to expand your selection. Make sure you hire people WHO know video games too so They can answer questions and Customers have a decent conversation with someone about a game They liked.
Hopefully These tips will help you When starting your video game store. It can be a hard, demanding experience but very rewarding too if it succeed.