Being a games tester is fast becoming a very lucrative job for the right people. Game testers do not even consider it a job at all! They consider it as a recreation. However, companies who are looking to hire game testers are having a hard time mainly because there are no job directories that specifically cater to advertising their skills. Experts are claiming that the game testing industry is a thriving industry that will really boom in the future, but sad to say, a lot of people are not taking it seriously.
If you want to become a video gaming tester, all you need to have are the following:
1. You should have good communication skills in English (most companies require their game testers to have this skill since most companies use English either as a first language or a second language).
2. You need to have a high-speed internet connection at home.
3. You need to own different types of gaming consoles that are needed for specific games. Companies hiring games testers usually do not provide these gadgets.
4. You need to be able to handle yourself professionally at all times, especially if you are going to deal with different companies.
5. You need to be able to have the ability to pay attention to the minutest details at all times.
Perhaps the best thing about becoming a video gaming tester is that you get to stay in the comfort of your own home and get to enjoy what you do for a living. You should be organized, though, because like a real job, you need to be able to spot errors and document them so that the company who programmed the game will be able to make the necessary adjustments or improvements. Keen attention to details is a must in order to be able to accomplish this.
The game testing industry is slowly but surely becoming a popular industry. Its needs, therefore, need to be addressed. So, if you love playing games, online or otherwise, try to hone your skills and check with gaming companies if they are in need of game testers. More often than not, they need all the help and would certainly consider hiring you as long as you have the skills they are looking for. Remember, it’s not just about having fun. It’s also about being professional on top of everything else.