Some hefty details on Independence Day 2‘s plot synopsis and character information has potentially leaked online! Not to much surprise, the film will be set roughly 20 years after the events of the first movie, but with many of the young characters from the first film now grown up to face a second wave of Alien invaders. Film Divider managed to score these potential facts and we’ve highlighted them below for you. The points don’t really risk spoiling any aspect of the film’s plot secrets, so feel free to read on without worry.
- Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox and Judd Hirsch will be returning to reprise their roles from the original movie
- The film will again focus on “different small groups in their separate, awful situations”
- A younger cast is being recruited to be the new focus of the story
- Patricia Whitmore, the President’s daughter is grown up and is dating a “hotshot pilot” and are said to be the focal point of the action throughout this sequel
- Jeff Goldblum will have a new love interest
- Though Will Smith will not be returning, his offspring from the first film may return as adults
- The Alien invaders return as they were in the first film, but face a more advanced Earth defense
- Since the first Independence Day, Humanity has learned from the Alien’s technology and have developed new weapons for use against the hostile ETs
Any of the points above could change as the film goes through production and since these points are unconfirmed we urge readers to take the information procided with a grain of salt. Filming for Independence Day 2 is set to begin this summer with a release date of June 24th, 2016.
Source: Film Divider